Welcome to the Dreamy Waves Beanie, a knitting pattern! Do you love cables? I do!! How about a quick pattern that has cables? I do!! I designed the Dreamy Waves Beanie using bulky weight yarn and to be made in a day. It works up quickly, is bound to turn heads, and be a compliment magnet.
I used my Takumi Combo Set in this pattern these are my go-to knitting needles. I love these smooth bamboo knitting needles and the points are sharp for using a variety of yarn.
I hope you love this fun and quick pattern! Please share with me on social media. You can follow me on Instagram HERE and on Facebook HERE! Tag me @pinkplumeriamaui and use #pinkplumeriamaui. If you like this project, you can check out my other patterns: Boho Vibes Bag, Easy Peasy Ribbed Beanie, Kelly Ear Warmer Tunisian Crochet Pattern.
- US 10 (6 mm) & 10.5 (6.5mm) circular knitting needle with 16″ cord , I love my Clover Takumi Combo Set.
- Bulky Weight #5 Yarn, I used 100% Superwash Merino Wool , 102 g/3.6 oz, 109 yds/100 m from Mountain Laurel Fiber Co in Holo-dust. (A note in using hand-dyed yarn, make sure you check the yardage and that you have enough yardage for what the pattern calls for. )
- Double Pointed Needle or Cable Stitch Holder
- Stitch Marker (1)
- Scissors, I love my Clover Patchwork
- Tapestry Needle, I love my Clover set
- Tape Measure
- Finished Circumference About 16 in. (40.5 cm), will stretch to fit a range of sizes.
- Finished Height About 9 in. (23 cm)
- C10F = cable 10 forward, slip next 5 stitches on to cable needle and hold at front of work, k5 from left needle, then k5 from cable needle.
- k = knit
- k2tog = knit 2 stitches together
- p= purl
- p2tog = purl 2 stitches together
- rep = repeat
- rnd(s) = round(s)
- st(s) = stitch(es)
18 sts = about 4 in. (10 cm) in k1, p1 worked in rnds with size 10 (6 mm) needle
- Hat is worked in one piece in the round from the bottom up.
With circular needle size 10 (6 mm), cast on 70 sts.
Place marker for beg of rnd. Join by knitting the first st on the left hand needle with the working yarn from the right hand needle and being careful not to twist sts.
Rnds 1-9: *K1, p1; rep from * around.
With circular needle size 10.5 (6.5 mm)
Rnds 1-2: *P4, k10; rep from * around.
Rnd 3: *P4, C10F; rep from * around.
Rnds 4-10: *P4, k10; rep from * around.
Rep Rounds 1-10 twice until piece measures about 8 in. (20 cm) from beginning.
Shape Top of Hat
Next Round: *P2tog twice, k10; rep from * around – you will have 60 sts in this rnd.
Next Round: *P2, C10F; rep from * around.
Next Round: *P2, k2tog, k8; rep from * around – you will have 55 sts in this rnd.
Next Round: *P2, k9; rep from * around.
Cut yarn, leaving a long yarn tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull to close opening at top of Hat. Knot securely.
Weave in ends.
You can find a low-cost PDF version of the Dreamy Waves Beanie in Ravelry or my Shop.
You can also Pin it for later HERE!
Please note, some of these links are affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to make free content. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support. You can read my full disclosure.
**You can NOT copy a pattern (or part of a pattern) and publish it on another website or other publication. Instead, you can publish a link to the pattern. You may sell products made from this pattern but not the pattern. I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy or reproduce pictures. When in doubt ask me, email@example.com.**